Lamb burger with cheddar
500 gr Lamb
½ spoon cumin
To this recipe I use the traditional spices, it remind me of Christmas.. standing in the kitchen with my grandmother. It so fascinating how our memories can be triggered just by smell.. or music..
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees c. Blend meat with cumin and egg, and make two burgers. Have on the roast and let it grill in the oven for approximately 35 minutes. When the burgers are ready take them out have some (a lot) cheddar on, set up the heat and let it grill for 2 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes and Dijon dressing.
- Recipe for Dijon dressing:
Recipe for sweet potato, to this I only use dill.
This is yummy.
1 Cup almonds
1 Cup walnuts
1 spoon honey
1.Have almonds and walnuts and honey in a casserole, warm up and under low hit let the honey melt and blend it with almonds and nuts. It will be “caramelized” almost. Add to yoghurt , Sharon and blueberries.
I have been sick with the flu for two weeks, so as my grandmother use to do I made chicken soup.
1 medium sized chicken
1 kg carrots
2 parsley roots
1 medium sized celery root
1.Have the chicken into a stockpot, bring to a boil and let it simmer on a low heat for approximately 30 minutes, until it’s tender. Take out the chicken when it is ready and remove the bones and chop the chicken in small pieces
2.Clean, peal and chop the vegetables, have it in the stockpot with the chicken stock and let it simmer for 20 minutes, add the chicken, chop parsley and dill before serving. Serve with yoghurt.
Very healthy and very tasty, the taste is so different from other types of meat, either you love it or hate it.
You need for two:
500 gr Chicken livers
3 cups diced /sliced carrots
1.Have the chicken livers in a steamer, have the thyme over the hearts, have the lid on and steam for about 30 or 40 minutes.
2.Boil the carrots until they are tender approximately 15 minutes. Before serving the blend big spoon of unsalted butter into the carrots.
3.Taste with salt before serving.
Well, this dish is lovely and I should actually make something with duck hearts on Valentine!! One dinner can say more than thousand words! It can be romantic, in a different kind of way.
You need for two:
500 gr duck hearts
Herbs: I use dry tomatoes, thyme, and garlic
1.Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Peel the potatoes, slice them and have them on a pan with baking paper, have some Extra Virgin Olive Oil on. Let it bake for 30 minutes
2.Have the duck hearts in a steamer, have the herbs over the hearts, have the lid on and steam for about 30 or 40 minutes. If you are unsure take one of the hearts out after 30 minutes and cut it in half to see if it is done.
3.Make salad: Mix: Salad, Feta, Avocado
4.Serve with Dijon dressing, and salad, I also have some Norwegian flatbread on side.
Recipe for Dijon dressing you can find in my previous post.
When you have little time after work, this is an excellent dinner. I love sausages with herbs and spices, some salad and your dinner is ready in 10 minutes.
1. have the sausages in a steamer for 10 minutes. Mix salad, cucumber, tomatoes and herbs together, add sausages and Dijon dressing. Voila!
This is sooo good, I`m having this dressing t basically everything lately, salads, chicken, sandwich.. Love it!
2 cups Yoghurt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Blend it together, you can balance the flavor as you wish by adding more mustard.
This chicken is crispy and juicy!
1 cup Chanterelles
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Rinse chicken inside and out under cold running water and dry chicken with paper towels. Season chicken inside and out with salt and pepper, stuff the chicken with thyme and chanterelles and have the olive oil over the chicken. Place it in a roasting pan.
2.Roast until chicken is golden brown, approx. 1. 5 – 2 hours. In order to get the chicken crispy I take it out after 30 minutes and use the juices from chicken from the pan to pour over the chicken, use a tablespoon. I repeat it every 15 minutes until the chicken is done.
500 gr Brosme
1-cup feta cheese
1. In a pan have first brosme, mushrooms, ham, mozzarella, feta cheese and mozzarella.
2. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes on 220 degrees C. Serve with salad or avocado
Make use of the left overs!
Warm the cakes in a pan with unsalted butter and for freshness serve with pickle!
Brosme is not a nice looking fish, however it is very tasty!
500gr Brosme fillets
1 cup heavy cream
- Have the ingredients in food processor and pulse everything into a paste.
- Have water in a casserole and bring it to a boil. Make the cakes with a tablespoon, lay them gently in the water and let it simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve it with greek yoghurt, soya sauce, and salad.
Sometimes the very a very simple dish can be delicious, especially when the ingredients are good and fresh. This is a good example of that.
Greek feta cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I always boil the eggs for 7 minutes.
Applesauce, cottage cheese, yoghurt and nuts
Applesauce and cottage cheese, perfect breakfast or just something sweet in the evening!
See the post from 1 October
I always have apples in my kitchen, and it is usual that I make applesauce. It is perfect to have ready for breakfast, dessert or even as an ingredient for dinner.
3 kg Apples
1 stevia spoon
2 teaspoons Locust Bean Gum
1cup apple juice
Based on the amount of apples, you will need to change the amount of stevia and Locust Bean Gum.
- Peal, clean and chop the apples, have them in a big casserole add 1-cup apple juice. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer on a very low heat for approximately 40 minutes.
- Mash the apples, add stevia and Locust Bean Gum