This is A very light version of salmon; the cakes are very light and theu do not taste oily, different but still very good and healthy!
500 gr Salmon
1 cup mushrooms
1 spoon dill
1 teaspoon Locust bean gum
1 cup low fat yoghurt
1 teaspoon Agave
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1. Pulse the mushrooms and have it in a bowl. Pulse the salmon and combine with mushrooms, dill, salt, and locust bean gum. Make medium sized salmon cakes, it helps to use tablespoon and water. Place the salmon cakes in steamer and steam for 15 minutes.
2. Slice the cucumber in thin pieces, combine with yoghurt, vinegar and agave. Serve the salmon cakes with the cucumber and salad.
We Norwegians love our salmon, we can´t get enough of it! We have various ways of preparing the salmon, this is one of them, the Portobello mushrooms with feta was improvising from my side.. I was feeling for cheese and mushrooms so here we have Portobello with feta cheese! It taste fantastic and a bit of lemon gives some freshness to the dish.
1 cup buckwheat
50 grams feta cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees c. On the baking sheet have salmon with sesame seeds on top and Portobello mushrooms, have some Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the mushrooms. Let it bake totally for 30 minutes. Do not have the salmon and the mushrooms on the same baking sheet, have it separately.
2. Have 1 cup of buckwheat and 2 cups water and one some salt in stockpot and bring it to a boil, let it simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Take out the Portobello mushrooms after 20 minute. Combine herbs, buckwheat and feta cheese together, set on top of the mushrooms and set buck to the oven for 10 more minutes.